Monday, March 9, 2009

Grocery challenge

I love cooking, but I generally hate planning menus and I absolutely despise going to the grocery store. I haven't been to the store in at least two weeks, except to get milk. This afternoon, I decided to challenge myself to see how long I could go without buying any groceries except vegetables and milk, and the four staples that were already on my list (eggs, flour, peanut butter and yogurt -- I can make my own yogurt, but I have a coupon for one of the brands I like, so I'll buy it this once and make it from now on). I also want to get as many veggies as possible from my local farm stand, but they're only open on Saturdays right now.

Tonight I had eggs, toast and Morningstar Farms veggie bacon, and tomorrow I'll finish the salad in the fridge and have blackeyed peas and broccoli from the freezer, and probably make cornbread. Check back next Monday to see how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails