Thursday, April 23, 2009

Glove update

I haven't posted as much lately because I've not had much to post about. I've been desperately trying to finish the glove so I haven't worked on any other projects, and I haven't cooked anything except enchiladas, and I couldn't find my camera to take pictures of the process so that'll have to wait for another day.



Yesterday, I finally finished the left glove. Here it is, in all it's glory -- it looks weird when it's flat because the moss stitch pattern for the palm is stretchy like ribbing. Again, the pattern comes from the Victoria and Albert Museum's website, and I'll post a translation of the pattern from knit flat to knit in the round when I finish the pair. The V&A has an amazing fashion collection, and their online exhibits are fascinating and include loads of vintage patterns and information on the history of fashion, textiles and jewelry. Did you know Queen Victoria popularized the white wedding dress?



Anyway, when I finished the glove, I channeled some of that project-completion energy into finishing this puppet for a little friend's first birthday. It's the same pattern as the frog puppet, but I added squiggly hair instead of eyes, and it's made of scrap yarn so it's a couple of different colors. She got the puppet today -- a good thing, since Daisy thinks it's her toy and has been waiting for a chance to destroy it (and it has nothing to do with me taunting her with it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails