Thursday, April 2, 2009

Handcrafted gift

I'm having a very busy week -- I just got promoted (yay!), and we're busy moving from our old library to our shiny new one this week and weekend, so I don't have anything very creative to post today. However, I do have one of the coolest gifts I've ever received -- this Kyrgyz yurt-shaped tea cozy set my friend Olivia gave us as a wedding present. I love the embroidery, and every time I use it I'm inspired to try some fancy needlework. Sadly, I haven't done it yet. Anyway, here's the yurt and the accompanying coasters -- the big one is for the teapot, and there are actually four of the smaller ones for mugs.



And a closeup of the design on the bigger coaster:


Sorry for the cop-out post. Lucky for y'all I have a nice long list of projects to start!

1 comment:

  1. hey cute! yay! those are still in really good condition - I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails