Monday, April 6, 2009

Postcards

I haven't forgotten about you guys -- I've just been having a seriously busy week. It's only Monday, but I've been working for 8 days straight and don't have a break until Thursday. So no new projects to post about or anything cool, except to say we moved into our brand new library building and it's incredibly exciting and beautiful and busy. Who knew we had so many books? Or patrons? It's like the law of purses -- the bigger the purse, the more stuff you put in it. Amazingly true for all areas of life. But I'm very pleased with the new job and the new building and life in general. Hopefully I'll have something better to write about later this week than the random stuff in my house, but for now that's all I've got.

So in honor of the little postcard from my life I just wrote up there, here's a picture of my only collection (how was that for a segue?).


I love postcards, and I keep all the ones people send me. I have a couple of friends who do rad things and travel to awesome places and always send me postcards (the oft-mentioned Olivia, who collects ugly postcards and sent me the lovely one from Senegal, and also Liora, who sent me the great one of the Cypriot donkey), and my mom always makes sure to send Daisy postcards with pictures of cats. I also pick them up when I travel and have grand plans to mail them, but I usually just end up hand delivering them or keeping them for my collection.

Here's the collection in situ (I have many more, but these are the ones I'm displaying right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails