Saturday, May 9, 2009

Finish What You Started Month

I've belatedly decided May is going to be Finish What You Started Month. No net increase. I have piles of projects (some more than a year old and barely started) lying around the house, not to mention the number of books with bookmarks halfway through and Netflix and library movies gathering dust. My new rule for May is no starting something new without finishing something old.

Here are just a few of the unfinished piles around the house. These aren't even all my unfinished projects -- just the ones I can take pictures of.

Reclaimed sweater pillow

Another suit, a baby blanket, potholder, T-Rex t-shirt

Crosstitch quilt block sampler for Mother's Day 2008 (sorry, Mom) and tea towel set for wedding present from June 2008 (how embarrassing)

Les gants and a ribbed scarf I'd forgotten about (that's where my other stitch holder went)

The books on my nightstand. These don't include the books I've moved from my reading shelf to my languishing shelf on Goodreads.

DVDs I have checked out from the library and from Netflix. Don't even ask about what's in my Netflix instant queue. That doesn't count.

In other news, I got some great mail this week. A tailor's ham from my grandmother! Yay! Thanks, Mama! And an obstacle for my goal of a no-net-increase May -- a Nintendo NES.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! You DO have more than a little of your mom in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, you're making me feel bad about all mine. But all mine are in England.

    YES! Reprieve!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails