Sunday, May 3, 2009

Vintage craft book 2

It turns out there is an index to the craft books I bought Friday, so I found the apple sweater. It's really awful as pictured, but I can imagine working a cardigan like Ysolda Teague's wonderful Little Birds, but with the apple and apple core (!) chart instead of the birds, or refashioning this pattern into a Mr. Rogers-style v-neck cardigan. No matter what, those apples were born to live on a cardigan.

Here are a few more of my favorite projects, then I won't bore you anymore with pictures from these books. Seriously, I'd be happy to go on and on because I am in love.

This 1940s-ish short-sleeved Fair Isle sweater is amazing, and just like Veruca Salt, I want it now!



I'm intrigued by the idea of making luggage. I wonder if this couple makes their own luggage, or if they just have their maid do it.



And last, knitted vegetables!



Luckily for you, I should (finally!) be finished with the gloves this week, and will post the pattern. I'm also starting a couple of new sewing projects, and have a fun recipe to test out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails