Friday, May 22, 2009

Vintage score

This Memorial Day weekend is Project Weekend -- part finale for finish-what-you-started month, and part a chance to tackle some projects I can't handle on my own since my mom's here to lend her considerable expertise and an extra pair of hands. Today we went to a couple of vintage stores, and I had to share the most excellent Fitz and Floyd tea set I scored for $16.



I love the cheery red pattern -- it looks great in my sunny kitchen with my vintage tablecloths and ruffled apron.



The full set has 2 cups and saucers, a sugar bowl, a milk pitcher and the teapot. I think it'd work as well as a coffee service as it does a tea set.

I also scored a cute dress pattern for a dollar (the original price was only 75 cents!). I love the middle look, but might make it with the bell sleeves, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails