Sunday, June 21, 2009

Embroidery project

Back in May, I decided I was going to try to finish projects rather than start new ones. One of those I mentioned was a wedding gift set of day-of-the-week tea towels for a good friend's wedding that took place last summer. Embarrassingly, I've still not finished the project, and today's their first anniversary.

They are in progress, though, and I finished Wednesday today. Happy anniversary, Lauren and Thomas, and here's a sneak peek at your gift.

(A note about the project -- I drew the design on Glad Press-n-seal wrap, and stuck that to the towel. It's great for stabilizing the fabric, and easier than transferring the design using tracing paper. However, it's not very easy to peel off, especially around the French knots and blanket stitch. The way the stitching looks over the drawing has given me an idea for screen printing embellished with embroidery, so stay tuned for some experiments with that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails