Friday, July 3, 2009

Milestones


Many people take stock of their lives and make resolutions in January, but this summer has felt much more like a new year for me than January did. June (my favorite month) is over, it's our 5th wedding anniversary (whoa ...), the one-year deployment is over, my 28th birthday was at the end of June -- lots of reasons for me to have spent the last week or so thinking about my life and how I've changed over the past year. Making lists is one of my favorite things to do, and this is a nice one to make when you're feeling down or overwhelmed or at the beginning of a new chapter.

This past year, I've
  • learned new skills
  • read great books
  • read terrible books
  • lent a hand
  • needed a hand
  • watched too much television
  • pushed myself physically
  • seen old friends
  • made new friends
  • killed plants
  • gotten my dream job
  • explored style
  • learned a little bit about a lot
  • re-learned how to live alone but not lonely
  • gone to Italy
  • said goodbye and hello to my best friend
  • made lots of lists and lots of plans
  • found new heroes
What about you?

The photo is not of psychedlic hippie earrings, although they could be, but of a couple of makeup remover pads I made using worsted-weight cotton yarn (Peaches 'n' Cream Fiesta ombre, I think). I used a 4.25mm hook to make it thick and plushy. It has nothing to do with my list, but I liked the bright, summery colors.

3 comments:

  1. Fiesta looks so awesome on the skein, but it totally loses the orange and vibrant lime green you see when it's balled when you crochet it.

    It sounds like you've had a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a firm believer in life being what you make of it (maybe that's why i make so many things!).

    and you're so right about fiesta -- it was pretty disappointing when the first thing i made ended up pink instead of citrus-y.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails