Wednesday, July 8, 2009

WIP Wednesday

It's hot outside, and I have the day off work. There are two loads of laundry drying on the line, I went for a run for the first time in weeks, and I have several projects to tackle and tie down. I decided to start Work-in-Progress Wednesday after doing nothing in May but working on languishing projects. It was such a good feeling to get my work baskets cleared out a little bit. Anyway, here's what I have going on right now:


Skull Isle hat and mitten set for my brother from Son of Stitch 'n Bitch by Debbie Stoller. I've changed it from black and red to black and gray, and I'm going to attempt to do gloves instead of mittens -- we'll see. It's my first stranded knitting project, and I was pleasantly surprised at how not hard it was. Yay!


The long-languishing embroidered towel set wedding gift. I want to keep the patterns secret for now, but I'll post the whole set when they're finished and in the mail.

Finally, a shirt recon. I'm adding darts to the front, deepening the darts at the back and adding a tab to keep the sleeves rolled up to take it from this:


to this:


I've been using Hiveminder to keep track of my projects. I like being able to use labels, and the web interface is very simple. My favorite bit is the option to add a task within a task -- when you add a task, there's a space to add a "but first ..." task. They also have a nice little iPhone app. It's helping me keep things organized, and it also keeps pointing out that I have 3 projects due at the end of the month that I haven't started yet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails