Guys! It's fall! My favorite season! (I know, I say that to all the seasons, but fall, I really mean it with you.) I loved summer, but it really outstays it's welcome around here.
Today it rained and was cold (for Texas in September -- 60 degrees), and I got to do two of my favorite fall things: wear tights (!) and drink steaming hot, spiced tea in the afternoon.
Here are a few of the things I love about fall.
- the clothes. tights, sweaters, scarves (sometimes), cute raincoats!
- soups simmering all day in the crockpot
- red leaves
- no longer having to mow the lawn
- cool nights
- the golden color of the sunlight
- impossibly blue skies
- red lipstick and nail polish
- school supplies!
- *not* having to go back to school
- hot tea
- the first bowl of chili
- snuggling up in blankets on the couch
- the clarity of the stars and moon in the cold air
It doesn't look like autumn here yet (and may never), so photo credit goes to Flickr user Grant MacDonald for the gorgeous pic. Thanks!