Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Hello, fall!




Guys! It's fall! My favorite season! (I know, I say that to all the seasons, but fall, I really mean it with you.) I loved summer, but it really outstays it's welcome around here.

Today it rained and was cold (for Texas in September -- 60 degrees), and I got to do two of my favorite fall things: wear tights (!) and drink steaming hot, spiced tea in the afternoon.

Here are a few of the things I love about fall.
  • the clothes. tights, sweaters, scarves (sometimes), cute raincoats!
  • apples
  • soups simmering all day in the crockpot
  • red leaves
  • no longer having to mow the lawn
  • cool nights
  • the golden color of the sunlight
  • impossibly blue skies
  • red lipstick and nail polish
  • school supplies!
  • *not* having to go back to school
  • halloween!
  • hot tea
  • the first bowl of chili
  • snuggling up in blankets on the couch
  • the clarity of the stars and moon in the cold air
Of course, it'll be hot again by the end of the week, but I'm enjoying fall while it lasts. What do you love about fall?

It doesn't look like autumn here yet (and may never), so photo credit goes to Flickr user Grant MacDonald for the gorgeous pic. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. It's warm again here, which I am happy about. But I am also happy for it to become fall at some point ("autumn" here). I like spicy drinks, squash soup, blankets and hoodies, root vegetables, scarves, the leaves turning, the feeling you are starting something new (because of going-back-to-school), forgetting winter is coming, and all kinds of new hot drinks (mulled wine! although it's more wintry but why not start early?). But mostly I like talking about fall with friends who also like fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i always like the idea of mulled wine, but never the reality (kind of like squash). and i also forget about winter! darn you, autumn, for leading winter my way...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails