Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A few favorite things

We finished unpacking and settling in to our new home yesterday. What a relief to have all the boxes out on the curb waiting for the recycling truck. I love our new home, and wanted to share a few of my favorite spots (after a minor panic over a missing camera cable ... found exactly where it should have been).


We get loads of sunlight at the front of the house in the mornings, and the back of the house in the afternoons and evenings. My desk is in a cozy little corner on the upstairs landing, and I get sun streaming in the big window on the stairs in the morning and sun drifting in from the bedrooms in the afternoon.




A little reading nook in our bedroom (and my collection of sewing books and tattered bear in sore need of mending).



This set of three hanging baskets was originally for produce, but there's no place in my kitchen to hang it, so I'm using it for yarn instead. I think I like it better this way.




A sunny corner of the spare bedroom will make a great place for my sewing table. The vast blank wallspace just begging for a giant bulletin/inspiration board!


These double doors lead to my favorite living space -- the screened-in back porch.









I love these display shelves in the kitchen! They're on either side of the sink, and hold my pretty tea and coffee sets.






And my favorite part of the whole house, the basement! Well, the old handle on the basement door -- the basement itself is a pretty standard basement. Concrete floors, dark and shadowy. But I've never had a basement, so I can't begin to express how much I love having the laundry space and storage out of sight.
 


Thanks for visiting! Stop by, and we'll have coffee out on the porch.

3 comments:

  1. Man, I love those double doors! And the basement door is kinda scary...And a screened-in back porch - you lucky dog! :) i'm glad you are enjoying your new space!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to have coffee with you on the back porch. Hang out in the swing, take a little nap in the reading nook, ask you to teach me how to hem pants on a sewing machine... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. come over anytime! the dog'll keep the boys entertained while we play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails