I've been seeing daffodils -- my mom always says they're the first hopeful sign of spring -- for a few weeks now, and as I type this it's nearly 80 degrees outside and my doors and windows are wide open. Winter seems to finally be over, and with it most of my homebody tendencies. I no longer want to spend the days curled on the couch with a book and a cup of tea -- I want to be outside in the sunshine. So this weekend's recipe isn't something you can whip up on the stove but a recipe to end cabin fever with a dose of spring fever.
- Go for a familiar walk and look at how much has changed in a few weeks. Are flowers blooming? Squirrels playing? Green should be creeping out everywhere.
- Craft in public! Take your knitting or embroidery outside -- to a public park or even just your back porch.
- Go to the theater. I love finding amateur (especially local high school) productions and concerts. Last weekend we hit a local ballet production of Peter Pan -- I was seriously impressed by the talent, and it was the most fun we've had in ages.
- Sleep in, then make something decadent for breakfast, like strawberry and Nutella crepes (basic crepe recipe here -- just add Nutella and sliced strawberries)
- Explore a local farmer's market and get your strawberries and other fresh early-spring produce.
What other ingredients do you have to add to this weekend recipe?