Wednesday, March 10, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Project Gremlins

Well, progress on this month's project has fallen prey to my top 3 project gremlins (see that? 10 stitches! In ONE WEEK. That's all!).
  • not the right floss colors
  • other projects begging for attention
  • naps!
I always end up starting a cross-stitch project only to get derailed when I'm barely in by not having the right colors for the chart. One day, I swear I'm going to make a list and get all I need first. Really, I promise. This is one reason I do more free embroidery -- I can work with what I already have. I also like to work from my own designs, and I'm not there yet with cross stitch.

I also have all sorts of other projects I'm still working on. Last month's socks! A should-have-been-quick-and-easy late-winter knitting project that's not so quick (but still easy). Another cross-stitch project. Sewing for the nursery. Fifty million other ideas bouncing around in my head.

And then there's the most compelling reason of all: naps! Who wouldn't want to nap with this cutie?


What are your gremlins, and how do you deal with them?

7 comments:

  1. im not sure I have gremlins unless other ppl would classify as gremlins .

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee! definitely i think other people classify as gremlins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daisy is just too hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naps are good- you'll really love when baby naps so you can too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gremlin is the blogosphere and doing computer stuff! I want to go and work on projects in my sewing room, but I start out the day reading e-mail and working on my webstore and the next thing I know, it's 5:45pm! I think there is a time space anomily in the blogosphere which makes time in the real work speed up. I do love to read blogs though.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, anna, that's definitely one of mine, too! it's so easy to spend hours on the computer without realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot seem to finish this sweet raglan sweater for my little man. Seaming is just not that fun....not to mention this awesome wrap vest from Jo Sharp that I started 2 years ago with $100 worth of chocolate brown tweed!-----ugh.

    http://www.josharp.com/products/patterns-downloadable/womens-patterns/wide-collar-vest.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails