Thursday, May 6, 2010

Date Due Shirt


I made a couple of these cute shirts for friends last year who love libraries. Can you believe I didn't end up making my own (and I'm a librarian!) until last week? Ha, only a few weeks to wear it, but that's ok since I've never been able to get the iron-on transfer stuff to hold up well in the wash anyway.

I downloaded a scan of a vintage date due slip from Flickr and added my due date in the Adler typeface from urbanfonts.com, printed it in reverse on my iron-on transfer sheet and slapped it on my shirt. It's a bit crooked, but so are the date due slips when I'm the one sticking them in new books anyway! I look grumpy in the picture, but really it was just naptime. This makes a quick and easy gift for library and book lovers.

9 comments:

  1. Uh.. you make it sound easy, but you should seriously consider selling custom shirts. Really!

    (yeah... in all that free time you're about to have)

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, i LOVE this. love this. ooh i see my friend sarah up there. ha! hi sarah! and megan, you are making me one, right?? j/k. kinda. hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. megHan. gah. fetus makes me dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. of COURSE i'm making you one! and don't worry, baby ate my brain months ago. and beth, if i did real screenprinting, i'd do these. but that iron-on transfer stuff is actually kind of sucky and doesn't last long. or i am just bad at applying it, not sure which.
    and hi, sarah! welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! Love your due date shirt. :) Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever.
    How is the librarian gig? Lately, when I am uninspired by my research, I dream about living in libraries. I'm sure I have romanticized the job to its fullest, but it never hurts to know more about your options! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. leafonatree, it's great. i'm not working at the moment, but i definitely miss it! it's not all quiet study, at least not in my field of public libraries, but lots of books. the only problem is my to-read list grows faster than i can keep up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails