Friday, May 7, 2010

Weekend Recipe: Quick Strawberry Jam


Strawberries are such a welcome sign that summer is coming. That first fragrant, juicy, sweet fruit is just a taste of what's to follow -- blueberries and blackberries, peaches, tomatoes, all my favorite summer produce. This spring, I've tried to make myself sick of strawberries while they're in season, but it hasn't happened yet.


Earlier this week, I picked up 2 pounds of berries at the grocery store, and was disappointed to see they were from California. Because Florida's so much closer, the berries are usually ripe and tasty when I buy them and don't have to be left out for a couple of days to sweeten, so they get eaten before they start spoiling. So this batch of strawberries went from underripe to overripe before I had a chance to catch them, but that's ok. Overripe fruit is perfect for jam, and this quick strawberry jam recipe from Pink of Perfection (one of my faves) will take you from almost-spoiled berries to a small pot of jam in less than 30 minutes! All you need are a pound of strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar and a tablespoon of lemon juice. No canning, no processing -- this jam goes straight into the fridge for up to 10 days (and it probably won't last that long, anyway).

Get the recipe here on Pink of Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails