Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WIP Wednesday: Nursery Progress


The Craftsplosion is contained -- if you considered Chernobyl contained. The bonus of using the guest room as my craft room is when there's a guest, the bed at least has to be cleared off by the end of the night (this only works if the guest is my mom or someone equally crafty, though).



I thought I'd show you a few pictures of the nursery, since we got it straightened up yesterday and I don't know how long that's going to last. I'll give more details on the individual projects in the next couple of weeks (there's a great story behind that alphabet sampler over the dresser). Today I'm going to be wrestling with making a fabric storage bin to go under the changing table.


Still on our to-do list are curtains, a changing pad cover and some more wall decor to brighten up the white walls. I'm also making a few amigurumi airplanes to string up as a mobile. Think we can get it all accomplished by the end of the month? Talk about procrastinating. My biggest gremlin is underestimating the time it will take to complete a project, and overestimating the time I have left. It manifested itself in college with marathon reading sessions for my seminars, where I'd read the week's book the night before class and write the short reaction paper during lunch the day of class. Now I've had to call in backup to help me get everything finished because there's no way I can do this all myself (and I've caved and bought things I'd planned to make, but I don't have to do it all myself, do I?).


Ok, off to make a mess and that box!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you're making progress! I just love that dresser, it's so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great! but you KNOW you are dooming yourself to early baby arrival. with any luck The Bump is a procrastinator too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dinosaurs on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, reading the 4th floor of the library during lunch. I remember it well. I am SO BAD at judging how long things take. The thing is, most things don't take that long. Or you can cut corners. Or something. But real life projects aren't like college - you can't just cut corners and have everything turn out more or less fine. How did I not learn this skill?

    Anyway, your nursery looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh meghan, i LOVE it. just checking in on you...the girls can't wait to meet thomas. :) i ask jimmy for chris updates every day. HA! xxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails