Wednesday, December 29, 2010

After it's all over








I finished Mr. T's first Christmas ornament around 11:30 Christmas night - just under the wire, so it still counts, right? (Confession: it's not really finished, since I still have to stuff it and sew up its belly, but we'll just let that go, shall we?).

As much as I love Christmas, I always feel relieved when it's over and the pressure is gone. Even if I didn't finish everything I wanted to, and I rarely do, I can move it to next year's list and have another whole year to put things off.

I do look forward to starting a new year, and I'm planning to work on clearing the decks first - finishing lots of stalled projects and organizing my sewing room before adding anything new to my list. This week is always a nice break, a chance to rest before a new year, and I'm spending it happily making lots of lists.

Just so this post isn't bare, check out this crazy picture of Mr. T and a photo of his dad. Nuts, huh?








2 comments:

  1. That IS crazy. But really interesting. Also whatever about finishing things for Christmas. I didn't finish my cards this year. When I got home I got a bunch of cards from friends I didn't send cards to. Now I have to send January... or increasingly, February ... cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i find the mutual-card-sending thing crazy sometimes. i'm sure i sent cards to people from whom i didn't receive one, and that's fine with me. i don't ruthlessly pare my list every year and strike those who didn't reciprocate, and if someone does it to me, well, tough poop.
    i loved yr card, btw. awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails