Friday, December 24, 2010

Last-minute Stitchery

There's still time! This is for those of you frantically scrabbling around in a pile of fabric remnants and bits of string, waving scissors and a glue stick, muttering about Christmas and Martha and perfect trees/centerpieces/decorations/gifts. I guess it's also for those rare creatures who are planning next year's projects, but who really does that? Not me, that's for sure, although every year is the year I swear I'll start - no, really, I mean it this time.
Seriously, though, this took me about 3 hours from start to finish - from cutting out the fabric to mounting the finished piece.


I created this embroidery to use for my holiday cards and for a decoration. I pressed the finished piece and scanned it, then printed it on cardstock for the cards. I want to start doing this every year, with a new design each time, and build a collection.

Get the embroidery pattern here! I'm traveling, and using a borrowed computer, so sorry for the imperfect pattern. I'm planning to redo all my patterns soon(ish) so they look better anyway. I used blue linen, and cream and very pale blue floss. Stitches are outline stitch, lazy daisy, brick and satin stitches.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! It looks fabulous. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! it's given me all kinds of new ideas that i don't have time to do anything with!

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails