Saturday, May 7, 2011

These [expletive] socks, free time and being alone




I planned to post about these socks on their first birthday - a year after I started them - but I have managed to be late even for that. They're still not finished, either. They were intended to be a birthday present for my sister-in-law, then Christmas, then birthday again.

To be honest, I haven't felt much like working on them or anything else lately. That's no surprise, with my extended radio silence here. I hope my creative drought is just due to being tired - so tired - all the time. I'm pretty sure it is, since ideas still pop into my head regularly.




I suppose it's just a matter of determining where to spend any energy I have left at the end of the day. Right now, Forever Young Adult is getting what little there is, and I've been doing more off-screen writing. Honestly, I don't feel like sharing these days. Some mothers talk about not wanting to be touched after spending all day nursing and cuddling and playing and carrying their children, and that's kind of what's going on with me right now. I don't get much time alone (and awake) each day, so I'm hoarding the quiet, private space inside my head. My parents will probably say I need to get out of my head a bit, which is also true, but this process of blogging increasingly feels like a one-sided conversation - both writing here and reading others, since I often read without commenting.




Anyway, I'm sure I'll be back - I always am - and it'll probably be soon. Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is a mother, has been a mother, who acts as a mother. For those who've lost their mothers, I hope you can spend the day in a way that comforts you.

3 comments:

  1. Me too, but for different reasons. Hope you start blogging more soon, but only if you feel like it. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This whole blogging thing is cyclical, I find. I hope you get your groove back at some point, but that you get some nice down time before then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your blog, comeback when you can..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Many people might have the same question you do, so I always respond in the comments, so click the little "subscribe by e-mail" link below to be notified of a response. If you leave your e-mail, I will usually e-mail you an answer to any questions. Of course, you're always welcome to send me an e-mail anytime - meghan {dot} isfive {at} gmail {dot} com.

Related Posts with Thumbnails